HLT52015 – Diploma of Remedial Massage
Synergy’s registration for this course can be viewed at www.training.gov.au/Organisation/Details/31486
This qualification reflects the role of remedial massage therapists who work with clients presenting with soft tissue dysfunction, musculoskeletal imbalance or restrictions in range of motion (ROM). Practitioners may be self-employed or work within a larger health service.
To achieve this qualification, the candidate must have completed at least 200 hours of work as detailed in the Assessment Requirements of units of competency.
Total number of units = 21
- 16 core units
- 5 elective units,
|CHCCOM006||Establish and manage client relationships|
|CHCDIV001||Work with diverse people|
|CHCLEG003||Manage legal and ethical compliance|
|CHCPRP003||Reflect on and improve own professional practice|
|CHCPRP005||Engage with health professionals and the health system|
|HLTAAP003||Analyse and respond to client health information|
|HLTAID003||Provide first aid|
|HLTINF004||Manage the prevention and control of infection|
|HLTMSG001||Develop massage practice|
|HLTMSG002||Assess client massage needs|
|HLTMSG003||Perform remedial massage musculoskeletal assessments|
|HLTMSG004||Provide massage treatments|
|HLTMSG005||Provide remedial massage treatments|
|HLTMSG006||Adapt remedial massage practice to meet specific needs|
|HLTMSG008||Monitor and evaluate remedial massage treatments|
|HLTWHS004||Manage work health and safety|
|BSBSMB403||Market the small business|
|BSBSMB404||Undertake small business planning|
|BSBSMB405||Monitor and manage small business operations|
|BSBSMB406||Manage small business finances|
|CHCPRP002||Collaborate in professional practice|
Entry requirements & LLN
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification however RTO’s are now required to advise learners in advance of LLN requirements to ensure learners are not disadvantaged by been enrolled in courses they are not capable of undertaking. Synergy endorses this approach as we try to be a good corporate citizen, and wish to deliver beneficial products and outcomes to our clients.
For this course, a good understanding of English as well as sound basic English reading and writing skills would be necessary along with basic mathematical skills.
Prior to your enrolment been accepted you would need to provide evidence of one of the following:
- Prior completion of a course or undertaking which would have needed a similar or greater level of LLN. In this case such evidence could include proof of the successful completion of a secondary school leaving certificate, or a certificate III or higher qualification, or other evidence that would demonstrate LLN to this level.
- Completing a short LLN test at http://lln.safework.com.au/report.php . This short test is free and you can request that the results be sent directly to the RTO by email.
- Providing other evidence of your LLN proficiency to this level or higher.
USI (unique student identifier)
As of 1 January 2015 all learners will need a unique student identifier (USI) to enrol or re-enrol in nationally recognised training courses.
This USI will keep your training records and results together in a single online account and will ensure that your training records are not lost.
To obtain a USI please visit www.usi.gov.au.
Further information on the USI can be found at
Synergy delivery approach
Synergy Central can offer the delivery of HLT52015 through:
- mentored delivery (includes some face-to-face and some self-paced)
- self-paced delivery (requires practical activities be done under supervision)
- RPL (recognition of prior learning)
All three approaches utilise Synergy’s online training system (VASTO Cloud Train) as the main interface for the entry of data and the undertaking of theory assessments.
Practical activities still need to be done in line with the training package requirements and under the supervision of a Synergy Central assessor, or a relevant qualified person or self-paced and external learners, and where applicable on-the-job.
When completing practical activities there may be checklist and/or other documentation that needs to be completed by learners, assessors, relevant qualified person’s, or other relevant stakeholders, and this documentation needs to be uploaded into the online learning system along with any other supporting evidence.
All evidence is stored in Vasto, with results and other relevant data reported to the government through AVETMISS reporting.
The timeframe for the completion of this course is 12 months.
Extensions on top of the 12 month timeframe can be granted subject to the following:
- That such an extension is within the acceptable timeframes for the delivery of the course including teach out as determined by the national regulator, ASQA
- Such extensions would be for three months, and would see an additional moderate fee (for details refer to current fees and charges on Synergy’s website http://synergycentral.org/pricing/ )
The federal government has correctly identified the need for real outcomes in nationally recognised training. As a potential Synergy learner, you will be asked to identify what outcomes you are seeking from the training in order to allow Synergy to determine if it can support you with such outcomes and meet its obligations as an NVR RTO.
The purpose of this is to ensure that learners are not coerced into training that is not beneficial to them and that targeted real training occurs for the benefit of the learner and their industry, or other relevant needs.
Examples of outcomes that might be identified and agreed to by the learner and the RTO may include:
- For entry into a specific job or industry
- to become more competitive in industry or in seeking employment
- for the benefit of an existing job or to seek advancement
- for personal interest
- other relevant reasons
To enrol or for more information contact Synergy Central: email@example.com